1499 EUR1350 EUR / In stock.
microZOTL2.0 Headphone Amplifier
Hand-built using quality premium components, the microZOTL2.0 headphone amplifier delivers stunning, award-winning realism and sound quality designed to last a lifetime. One of the finest and most realistic headphone amplifiers ever made, the microZOTL2.0, manufactured by Linear Tube Audio, utilizes patented Zero hysteresis Output Transformer-Less (ZOTL) technology to eliminate the distortion and noise typically found in tube amplifiers. Performing at the theoretically correct turns ratio, a previously unheard of achievement, Linear Tube Audio’s microZOTL2.0 delivers an unparalleled, enlightening and stunningly realistic experience wherever it's plugged in.
Originally manufactured in 2000 till 2007 by David Berning, the original microZOTL has a reputation as one of the finest and most realistic headphone amplifiers ever made.Linear Tube Audio's reconfiguration of the original microZOTL amplifier lives up to it's name and utilizes a highly refined, no feedback, Class A triode design with a separated power supply to eliminate noise.
At 1-watt per channel output, the microZOTL2.0 can easily drive even low-efficiency planar type headphones. For example, the microZOTL drives the Hifiman HD-1000 headphones with power to spare.
The microZOTL2.0 is also an excellent preamplifier. It has outputs that enable it to drive tube amplifiers as a Class A preamplifier.
The microZOTL2.0 can drive efficient speakers via it's speaker outputs (89db or higher sensitivity) to moderate levels in offices, bedrooms and other small rooms.
The microZOTL comes in black.
- Designed by David Berning - one of the world’s premier amplifier designers
- Hand-made in Washington, DC
- External power supply - extremely low noise floor
- Drive low efficiency planar headphones easily
- Drive high efficiency speakers (89 db efficiency or higher) to adequate volume
- Transparent cover
- Universal voltage power supply
- 2 selectable inputs
- Class A preamplifier output
- Transformer-less design eliminates intermodulation distortion inherent in all transformer designs
- Simulates the correct transformer turns ratio using impedance converter
- Low impedance output easily matches wide range of headphones and speakers
- Same technology & tone as more expensive Berning amplifiers
- No heavy power or audio transformers
- Patented power supply & impedance conversion technology
- Optimized tube life expectancy of 10 - 20 years based on use
- One year warranty
- Tung-Sol Russian vacuum tubes
- Locking Neutrik headphone jack with silver contacts
- Silver coated copper wire with teflon insualtion
- ALPS volume control
- Hand-wound coils and impedance converters
- Gold connectors throughout audio signal path
Amplifier class: Push-pull Class A, no feedback
Sensitivity: 0.6V RMS for full output
Output impedance: (measured at 0.5A, 60 Hz) 2 ohms
Input impedance: 50k
Power Supply Input: Auto-switching 100V / 120V / 220/ 240V operation
Power Supply Output: 12VDC, 2.5A
Hum and noise: minimum 60mV RMS or 90dB below full output (20Hz-20kHz)
Power consumption from ac power source: 33W
Power output: with 4-ohm load: 1W, 1% THD, with 14-ohm load: 0.5W, 1% THD
Channel separation: (4-ohm loads) 46dB, 100Hz-10kHz, (14-ohm loads): 54 dB, 100Hz-10kHz
Frequency response full power: (4-ohm load) +0, -1dB 10Hz-20kHz, (14-ohm load): +0, -1dB 5Hz-50kHz
Voltage gain: (4-ohm load): 10.3dB, (14-ohm load): 12.4dB
Size: 7 7/8 inches (19.7 cm) deep, 9 1/2 inches (24.1 cm) wide, 4 3/4 inches (12 cm) tall (including connectors)
Net weight: 5.35 lbs. (total amplifier and external power supply)
Finish: Aluminum case with lexan top
Tube complement per channel: 12AT7 input, phase splitter, 6SN7 p-p output