microZOTL 2.0 + LPS
1970 EUR1790 EUR / In stock.
microZOTL HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER and Preamp with LPS+
Hand-built using quality premium components, the MicroZOTL2.0 headphone amplifier and preamp delivers stunning, realism and sound quality designed to last a lifetime. The MicroZOTL2.0 utilizes patented Zero hysteresis Output Transformer-Less (ZOTL) technology to eliminate the distortion and noise typically found in tube amplifiers. Performing at the theoretically correct turns ratio, a previously unheard of achievement, MicroZOTL2.0 delivers an unparalleled, stunningly realistic experience wherever it's plugged in.
Originally manufactured from 2000 to 2007 by David Berning, the original microZOTL has a reputation as one of the finest and most realistic headphone amplifiers ever made. Linear Tube Audio's reconfiguration of the original microZOTL amplifier lives up to its name and utilizes a highly refined, no feedback, Class A triode design with a separated, external power supply to further eliminate noise.
1-watt per channel output, the MicroZOTL2.0 can easily drive even
low-efficiency planar type headphones. For example, the MicroZOTL2.0
drives the HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 headphones with power to spare.
The MicroZOTL2.0 is also an excellent preamplifier. It has outputs that enable it to drive tube amplifiers as a Class A preamplifier.
The MicroZOTL2.0 can even drive efficient speakers via its speaker outputs (89db or higher sensitivity) to moderate levels in offices, bedrooms and other small rooms.
The MicroZOTL2.0 comes in black with the LPS
120V (+/- 10%) / 220v (+/- 10%), 50-60hz: Manually selected by switching fuseblock in AC input assembly.
Organic-polymer capacitors for low ESR
Medical-grade EMI filter
Low-noise toroidal transformer
- Designed by David Berning - one of the world’s premier amplifier designers
- Hand-made just outside Washington, DC
- External power supply - extremely low noise floor
- Drive high efficiency speakers (95db efficiency or higher) to adequate volume.
- Transparent cover
- Universal voltage power supply or high quality linear power supply
- 2 selectable inputs
- Class A preamplifier output
- Transformer-less design eliminates intermodulation distortion inherent in all transformer designs
- Simulates the correct transformer turns ratio using impedance converter
- Low impedance output easily matches wide range of headphones and speakers
- No heavy power or audio transformers
- Optimized tube life expectancy of 10 - 20 years based on use
12" x 3.25" x 4.25"