Minimal Size CD Player (DAC included) / CD Transport
Top loading mechanism like analog players. Non-oversampling D/A converter is built in a minimal size, and finished as an integrated CD player. The techonlogy of the low noise thorough investigation, was to further improve the fine expressive power. So that it can be also utilized as a high-end CD transport, two digital output types (S/PDIF, I2S) are supported. You can choose CD transport type (S507t) without bult-in DAC.
Minimal Size ― Easy to wiring from rear panel.
Complex mechanism also without the need for a top-loading, can be played by simply placing the CD in the center and press playback buttons.
Operations on Top Panel ― Easy to operate.
Because it has operation buttons on the top panel, you can leisurely operation. Also power supply unit has power switch, built-in DAC power switch.
Two Digital Output Types ― Available coaxial (S/PDIF) and "Inter-IC Sound" (I2S)
So that it can be also utilized as a high-end CD transport has been provided two types of digital output, coaxial output (75Ω, S/PDIF format) and "Inter-IC Sound" (I2S, synchronized digital audio interface). In order to avoid the interference of ground loop between audio devices, it is also ground side by further adopt a separate pulse transformer complete isolation (separation).
Remote Controller ― Easy to hold, easy to operate.
It is easy to hold with one hand it makes it easy to operate the buttons with just the thumb. Since it operates with two AAA batteries and further saves power, it can be used for a longer period of time.
CD Transport Common S507u
- Power Supply: Worldwide, depend on market (IEC 3 pin AC inlet), AC110~120V, AC220~240V (factory assembled)
- Mechanism: Top loading mechanism
- Disc Format: CD-DA, CD-DA format CD-R/CD-RW, CD layer of SA-CD (SA-CD, HD-CD is not supported)
- Digital Output 1: S/PDIF (coaxial) x1 (isolated ground), 75Ω, 0.5Vpp
- Digital Output 2: I2S (BCLK/LRCK/DATA/GND) x1, 3.3V TTL compatible logic level, USB 'A' type connector
- Operations: Top panel tact buttons, remote controller
- Playbacks: stop, play/pause, previous/next, fast reverse/forward playback (x10), timecode (elapsed/remain, track/disc), repeat (track/disc)
- CD Drive Unit: Size W150×H45×D245mm - MOLESKINE® large notebook size, Weight 1.2kg
- Power Supply Unit: Size W100×H45×D200mm - Bible size, Weight 1.0kg (without power cable)
- Materials: Stainless steel, hairline finished. Power supply unit has gray-smoke acrylic top panel.
- Accessories: power supply unit, power cable for IEC 3 pin AC inlet, disc clamp, remote controller, userʹs manual
Built-in DAC S507u
- Both internal and external DC power supply available. φ2.1mm DC jack to connect with such as 12V battery.
- DAC: Philips TDA1543 16 bit non-oversampling DAC
- Reclock: Fully discrete analog oscillator (ultra-low jitter, ultra-low 1/f phase noise)
- Crystal: Professional grade quartz crystal (frequency drift is less than 5..7ppm)
- Output Stage: Fully discrete BJT current mirror amplifier
- S/N ratio: 96dB (typ)
- Line Output (voltage-mode): Analog RCA pin jack (unbalanced) max 2.0Vrms (0dB, 10kΩ load), L/R stereo x1
- Line output (current-mode): unbalanced RCA pin jack 5.5mAp-p, able to connect to 0Ω devices