A revolutionary analogue headphone amplifier. Your headphones will sound like never before.
• Passionately designed balanced amp with latest 4.4mm Pentaconn connectors for input and output
• Circuit design derived from our $1,799 flagship Pro iCAN
• Proven 3D and XBass analogue signal processing circuits
Introducing a new headphone/pre-amp that will punch well above its price class.
The ZEN CAN is not to be confused with our ZEN CAN Signature 6XX amp which was launched
recently in the US market via the DROP platform. The Signature version was specially designed to
drive the Sennheiser 6XX headphone range so is a specialist match made in heaven. Our ZEN CAN
headphone amp is designed to drive ALL manner of headphones.
Designing an OK headphone amplifier is easy.
Boutique Op-Amp + Output Stage + Vol control + power supply = voila!
But this is approach is not ideal.
- Fixed gain creates more noise
- Single signal input with lack of load matching means limited source flexibility
- Lack of EQ & sound-field corrections hampers listening enjoyment
Designing a one-of-a-kind balanced headphone
amplifier like the ZEN CAN is not.
o A dedicated input circuit stage pairs sources & adjusts levels to match
eg Pentaconn 4.4. at 24k Ohm/high impedance and a 1M Ohm for SE input avoids
loading the source, the amplifier remains in Class A operation for lowest distortion
Class A Balanced/SE amplifier
o Draws heavily from the iFi’s flagship Pro iCAN, using the same discrete Class A
output buffer combined with a J-FET Op-Amp (OV2637A)
o Super-low loading means exceptionally low distortion
o FET input avoids loading volume control – low distortion/noise
o Low impedance feedback circuit enhances circuit performance and totally avoids
o Output amplifier gain of four steps in +6dB perfect for headphone matching
o Output stage drives headphones effortlessly and least noise/distortion
o Full protection of headphones/amplifier from overload/shorts
Balanced to thrill
The ZEN CAN has trickle-down Class A discrete balanced circuitry from iFi audio’s US$1,699 flagship Pro iCAN. With 15.1v @300 Ohms on tap, it has serious power that will make even difficult-to-drive headphones thump to the beat.
• Power Output Balanced: 756mW (15.1V) @ 300 Ohm, <1% THD (per channel)
385mW (15.2V) @ 600 Ohm, <1% THD (per channel)
• Power Output SE: 1,000mW (4.0V) @ 16 Ohm, <1% THD (per channel)
1,600mW (7.20V) @32 Ohm, <1% THD (per channel)
196mW (7.6V) @ 300 Ohm, <1% THD (per channel)
98mW (7.6V) @ 600 Ohm, <1% THD (per channel)
• Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz (+0dB / -0.03dB)
< 10Hz – 200kHz (-3dB)
• SNR: - 120dB (BAL) (@ maximum output, A weighted)
• Dynamic range: 120dB (BAL) (@ maximum output, A weighted)
• THD & Noise: < 0.0069% (BAL) (4V out, 16 Ohm, 1kHz, A weighted)
• Output Imp. (HP): 24K Ohm BAL, 1M Ohm SE
• Output Imp. (Line): 200 Ω BAL
• Gain: 2X/6dB; 4X/12dB; 8X/18dB; 16X/24dB (BAL out)
1X/0dB; 2X/6dB; 4X/12dB; 8X/18dB (SE out)
• Crosstalk : -90db
• Inputs: 4.4mm Pentaconn BAL (4.0V)
RCA L/R Socket SE (2.0V)
3.5mm jack SE (1.0V)
|Gain||0dB, 6dB, 12dB and 18dB|
|Frequency Response||20Hz - 20kHz (+0dB / -0.03dB)|
|Power consumption||No Signal
AC 100 -240V
|Dimensions||158 x117 x35 mm
6.2" x 4.6" x 1.4"
|Net weight||515g (1.14 Ibs)|