model S502 "ether"
Smart Integrated Amplifier
For switching the line input signals, a long-life and highly reliable reed switch (contact: ruthenium) in which an inert gas is filled in a glass tube is adopted, and deterioration of freshness is extremely reduced. Reduced many kind of elements that causes the stagnation of the music signal to reproduce the natural depth and spread stress-free, "elegant" and "refined" sound. You probably wouldn't believe the wide-range, full-bodied sound of this little amplifier. In addition to the conventional voltage-mode type (S502v), we have a type for current-mode audio interface (S502i).
Smart Size ― Easy to wiring from rear panel.
In size-held in one hand, you do not choose a place to put it. Since the depth is narrow, it does not get in the way routing of the wiring from the rear panel.
Japanese Taste ― The texture of Japan.
Elegant and cool, finished with a timeless design. The color of the handmade Japanese paper is by hope, you can choose from below color variations. You can also choose gray-smoke monotone top panel.
Large Front Panel ― Easy to operate.
Operation is the power switch, input switching, volume control, mute switch only and does not need complicated settings. We have adopted a high-quality knob made of machined aluminum that is easy to make fine adjustments.
No Habit Sound Quality ― Thoroughly eliminate the element that causes the stagnation of the music signal.
For switching the line input signals, a long-life and highly reliable reed switch (contact: ruthenium) in which an inert gas is filled in a glass tube is adopted, and deterioration of freshness is extremely reduced. Thoroughly eliminates connectors and terminals with many metal parts, plated conductors, excessive amount of solder, etc., and reproduces the natural depth and spread without any electronic device odor and elegant and stress-free.
Ultimate 10 watt ― Enough to enjoy music in your living room.
Compared with small transistors, high power transistors tend to be unfocused and low resolution in sound character. By selecting high performance semiconductors, we developed this ultimate 10 watt amplifier. Incredible clear, sparkling, full-bodied and overtone-rich sound. You can enjoy the music in enough volume to listen to at ordinary living room.
Sophisticated Internal Structure ― Fully discrete amplifier.
Amplifier section adopts a little configuration of simple amplifier stage as much as possible, was the highest priority on freshness of the sound more than anything. The less non-linear factors the amplifier has, the less the suppression. Sound quality with open and natural and a sense of speed, you will forget the existence of the audio equipment. In S502i, one line input is compatible with conventional voltage-mode and adopts newly designed voltage-current conversion. After that, all treat the music signal as a current.
Universal Speaker Terminals ― Banana plugs & various cables can be attached.
A speaker terminal compatible with banana plugs has been standard specification. This enables various speaker cables such as bare wire cords, Y-type (spade) terminals, C-type terminals, fine pins, and banana plugs.
- Power Supply: Worldwide, depend on market (IEC 3 pin AC inlet), AC110~120V, AC220~240V (factory assembled)
- Selector: inert gas sealed reed switch (contact: ruthenium)
- Mute: Play/Mute
- Amplifier: Fully discrete, 9 BJT, high slew-rate design
- Voltage Gain: about 29 dB (×28)
- DC Offset: less than ±30 mV (muted, thermally stable state)
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz ~ 500 kHz (-3 dB)
- Output Power: 2 × 10 watt (8Ω), universal speaker terminals (φ4.0 mm)
- Dimension: W300 × H46 × D100 mm (excluding protrusion)
- Weight: 2.0 kg (without power cable)
- Accessories: power cable for IEC 3 pin AC inlet, alternate fuse, userʹs manual
model S502v ― for voltage-mode signaling
- Input: RCA jack (unbalanced), voltage-mode (20kΩ) × 3
- Volume Control: ALPS RK27 high quality potentiometer
model S502i ― for current-mode signaling
- Input: RCA jack (unbalanced), current-mode (0Ω) × 2, voltage-mode (20kΩ) × 1
- Volume Control: mechanical potentiometer